Have you always wanted to plan a community event? Fundraiser?
Planning an Event:
Planning an event is more detailed than most people realize and depending on the event and size of the event, you may need nine to twelve months in advance to start planning.
Whether the event you are planning is for a personal nature or a third-party fundraising event, you need to sit down and scope out your plan.
- Plan your theme (brainstorm and come up with some ideas)
- Answer the following questions:
- What is your objective for this event?
- What is your dollar target or target of funds raised?
- Where will you have this event? Are there costs associated for rentals, staffing requirements?
- Who is your target audience? Children? Adults? Youth?
- Are you fundraising or friend-raising?
- Will you need sponsorship?
What are you passionate about? There are many non-profits available in your community and always will welcome the idea of a fundraising event on their behalf. (This is third-party fundraising)
There is no better way to meet people and help out a great cause by organizing an event for a community group in your area!
A few ideas include:
- Organize a food drive for your local food pantry
- Raise money for an organization close to your heart
- Collect clothing for various groups
- Plan a bottle drive and donate the proceeds to a community group
Fundraising and getting your children involved at a young age teaches the importance of helping others and what it means to be a part of the community.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at Darlene@darlenemorrison.com